Hello, Welcome to Primal kitchen!
This is one of our favorites and can be made easily, just takes less than 30 minutes. Pumpkin is a nutrient dense vegetable which is rich in Vitamin A (Beta-Carotene), Potassium, Vitamin C and other trace minerals, The benefits of these nutrients are improvement in Sleep Quality, Better Eye health and Positive Blood Pressure control.
You can get all the ingredients for the Pumpkin Soup off the shelf. If you are vegetarian, you can use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock. The chicken stock increases the nutritional value of the soup and brings a different taste to it.
It can be a great alternative for dinner, especially on days when you want to keep it light and simple.
Try it and let us know.
PUMPKIN SOUP – INGREDIENTS
- 350 gms yellow pumpkin, deseeded, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt 1/2 tsp
- fresh ground black pepper 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper 1/4 tsp
- paprika 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- Cumin and coriander seeds, 1 tbsp each to be roasted on slow flame and ground fine
- Vegetable stock or Chicken stock 500 ml with the carrots and onion
- Few fresh basil leaves chopped fine
- A dollop of fresh cream (optional)
- Mix all the dry ingredients with the olive oil and massage onto the cubed pumpkin
- Place on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven 170 degrees for 1/2 hour, or till soft
- Blend with the chicken stock, adjust seasoning and serve with a dollop of cream and garnish with freshly chopped basil